Auto Injury Recovery
Throughout the years, we've treated many men and women with auto injury pain in our Athens, GA clinic. Chiropractic care is the optimal approach to these types of problems, and some studies have shown that over 90% of patients show improvement after a car accident when getting chiropractic.
An accident subjects your entire body to rapid, intense movement that it isn't intended to handle. Due to the dramatic forces you're subjected to, the ligaments, tendons, nerve fibers, and muscle tissue of the body can be strained, sprained, or torn during a collision. This can lead to long-term pain and impairment if not treated right away.
From our practical experience and success treating these types of cases, we've seen these common symptoms in our patients:
- Headache Pain - Nearly every car accident patient in our clinic reports headache, and this can have a wide range of causes, depending on the type of injury you had.
- Low back pain - Another common problem in men and women and especially after a car wreck.
- Neck pain - Your cervical spine is one of the most sensitive parts of the body in a car wreck, and it can very easily be injured. In point of fact, most symptoms experienced after a crash can be directly linked to injury of the neck.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder can be injured by the seatbelt, the strains on your arm during a collision, or can be a secondary symptom triggered by neck injury.
- Jaw pain - Jaw problems (or TMJ pain) are another common problem we see in our Athens, GA patients, and can be difficult to diagnose. Occasionally TMJ pain doesn't manifest for many weeks or months after your injury.
- Radicular pain - Radicular pain can be diagnosed by numbness or tingling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many auto injury patients experience this problem.
- Vertigo or Dizziness - This is a complex symptom that can also have a wide range of causes. In most instances, we find that neck injury is the primary cause of this symptom.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is still another problem triggered by injury to your neck during a crash.
If you're struggling with any of these signs or symptoms after an accident, give our clinic a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic care is a safe, effective, and non-invasive approach that works for these types of injuries.
If you've been injured just a short time ago, it's important that you seek treatment promptly. Untreated injuries can result in diminished mobility and the development of scar tissue, and that can lead to prolonged pain and disability. Scientific studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the damaged area can speed recovery and reduce the risk of chronic problems.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Athens, GA, and we would love to help you get back on the road to recovery. Give our office a call today at (706) 353-8032 for an appointment.